Career Libguide

qrcode

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thing #20

I love Facebook! I need one of those t-shirts I can wear with that slogan. Since joining F-book about 6 months ago, I've connected with a lot of old HS and some college friends.

The only drawback to F-book is all the little apps you constantly get bombarded with. What a time-sucker! I think you also need to be careful what you post there as your employer or future employer may check up on you from time to time.

I'm not a big fan of Myspace. I've had an account, but it's not all that easy to navigate or use in my estimation. I believe M-space is for the junior circuit...that is teenagers.

From my understanding, libraries are using Facebook and Myspace to connect with patrons where they are most (I think Farkas said this either in her book or on a vodcast I saw on youtube). Minitex used Facebook to publicize their latest ILL conference. I think Henepin County uses it to publish newly purchased books and book reviews.

No comments: