Career Libguide

qrcode

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thing #12

I haven't had a lot of time to play with this particular tool, but it does seem promising...I could probably see public libraries using it mor thatn academic, but I haven't acclimated myself to it enough yet.

How do you think you can use these tools in your library or at home?
It might make sense to create links to articles for patrons...whether it's local news or other interesting topics.

Do these tools seem to be a productivity enhancer or a productivity detractor?
Great question. Hmmmm. I guess it depends on how it's being used. I like the fact that you can make comments on a story, but I'm not sure if the comments I've read so far qualify as adding to the collective intelligence of the group. EcoGeeks "8 Reasons Why BioPlastic is Worse than Regular Plastic" was an interesting read.

Have you ever read a story/item as a result of seeing it on one of these sites?
No. But I'm pretty new to the service.

No comments: